Us

Us

Monday, September 15, 2008

a little something...


Something worth sharing.....


As I am driving home from Conyers tonight after dinner with Jane, and watching my nephew William play football, I hear a song on the radio. I immediately turn it up really loud and just melt into the song. Presley had just fallen asleep so it was perfect timing.

I have heard the song several times before, and since then I am always searching for it on the radio. The song hits in the deepest part of my soul in so many ways.

"Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao927GMhlzI

Be careful little eyes what you see. Be careful little ears what you hear..

thoughts invade, choices are made..a price will be paid when you give yourself away. People never crumble in a day..the journey from the mind to your hands is shorter than your thinking. be careful if you think that you stand..you just might be sinking.

its a slow fade, when you give yourself away..black and white turn to gray, thoughts invade choices are made.. a price will be paid. Daddies never crumble in a day..families never crumble in a day..

oh, be careful little eyes what you see, be careful little ears what you hear. The Father up above is looking down with love, oh be careful little eyes what you see.

These are just a few of the lines in the song. It's a powerful message about sin, and how slowly it creeps up on you, and then before you know it your over your head in sin and destruction. Your family is torn apart, you look in the mirror and don't recognize who you see. You feel different, you feel ugly, you feel dirty and thrown away.

Nobody could ever understand , you tell yourself,...i am in this alone. This is what the devil wants you to think..to think there is no way out.

There is a way out..look up. God is waiting for you. Arms wide open, tears on his face, tears of joy and sadness. Joy for the person that you will become after you repent and give yourself to Him. Sadness for the destruction that has taken place around you.

Nothing is impossible or unforgivable with God.

This song is not about any particular sin...it is about ALL sin. I am not writing this for any other reason that to let you know that we have all been to that place. A place where it is dark and lonely. A place where peace does not reside. I hope to never visit there again.


This song explains perfectly how slowly it happens, yet how forceful it overtakes you when you fall.

I love all of you so much! Take a minute to listen to this song...remember the words. Let them resonate within your soul.

Love,

Jill

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wow, Jill. I watched the video on YouTube. It is true and eye opening all at the same time.

Thank you for blogging about it.
Love you!!
bek

Laurie from GA said...

Now that is a video!!! It was interesting to read the words, then to see the images from the video.

Very powerful!

Hope you all are well!
~Laurie

michelle chapman said...

Hey Jill! Getting caught up on your blog (who knows when I will have time to post pictures and tell about our trip to the beach)...I was laughing one minute and crying the next :) We have to get Lem and Dustin together! Dustin is a man of many hobbies as well and spends an enormous amount of money on them. He has stuck to only two: Hunting and Golf :) Anyway...I LOVE that song! It really touched my soul! It made me so sad for all those that don't know the magnificant glory and forgiveness of the Lord! Thank you for sharing it with me and your insight on it. It touched me :) Love you and I will be calling soon to set up some dinner plans!

Michelle

michelle chapman said...

Oh yeah! How could I forget...LOVE the new car! My "gas-guzzler" only get's 16 miles to the gallon :( I told Dustin we need to get rid of his truck and get a car for trips around town etc. Very smart ;)