It's funny how you change--the older you get.
i used to stress about my house being messy. (what a JOKE! now, i am thankful if i get to bed without tripping over Lem's shoes on the way)
i used to be SO OCD about the kids having a bath before bed every night. Even if we got home at 11:00 pm, I made sure they woke up and bathed. (now, they are lucky if I am able to change them into their p.j's without waking them up)
my car used to be spotless. (now, my car is SPOTTY! stains everywhere. they all have a memory attached though. so now i cherish them)
i used to throw everything away. everything. (i am so much more sentimental now. how long will her handwriting be like this? how long will he write little fiction stories for me to read--i will keep them forever!)
my toes used to always be perfectly polished. (i am still pretty good about keeping my feet groomed, but i am okay with a few toenails having chipped polish)
i used to get manicures. (ha!!! what is a manicure????!!) :)
i used to think that i was "just a stay at home momma"--nothing special. (now, i cherish this job description and realize how truly blessed I am to be able to live out my childhood dream of doing this job.)
i used to think that i needed to make everyone happy. i thought they needed me for this. (this has been a huge change. probably the biggest. now, i am okay if not everyone agrees with me, or what i choose to do. it's so fine. we are all different. and different is good.)
i used to think that if i weren't busy--i wasn't important. (busy is not a good thing for me. it keeps peace far, far away. it also keeps me from focusing on what i need to be honed in on...God, hubby, family. all else is just a big ol' fat bonus from the Lord.)
How have you changed?
Thursday, October 18, 2012
So, here's what's been going on in our lives these days:
- I gave up coffee. For real, I did. I didn't want to tell y'all too soon because I was scared that I couldn't make it ONE day without it. Well, I did! I gave it up Sept. 23rd--yes, I know the date! Let me just say that by day 3 of my detox, I woke up with night sweats. Not kidding. Serious caffeine head, I was.
- I switched to red tea. Oh yummy. If you haven't heard of this delicious herbal drink, google it. Trust me, you need to know about it. The good news: I can drink it all day long and no jittery body parts, flipping out heart beats, losing my temper (caffeine gives me an edge apparently), and no freak-out moments in the morning when we are out of coffee.
- Lem still drinks coffee. I tried to get him to sway to my red tea side of the fence. He refuses. Oh well. Let him dehydrate. ;)
- We are on Fall Break this week. Yep. Fun times!
- Joseph has 2 more football games. I'm gonna miss this team. They are kinda like the Bad News Bears. Just adorable little fellas. Kind of all misfits. My favorite type of folks--as you all know. ;)
- Presley is growing like a little weed. So is Joseph. I'll stop there. Tears may come and I don't have Kleenex nearby.
- My favorite season is approaching! Thanksgiving and Christmas!
- My house looks like Halloween--in every room. My kids LOVE coming home to the house being decorated. It never, ever gets old.
- Lem is reading Hunger Games. He is begging me to read it too. He just doesn't understand my "cannot read fiction" thing. He thinks I'm weird. Perhaps I am. Oh well.
- I've been doing 200 jumping jacks a day thanks to my friend, Erin, and my running girls. The only draw back--my boobs are really sore. I am NOT kidding. Not even an ounce. (i think a new sports bra is in order--do they come in steel?)
- We celebrated a friend's 40th birthday last weekend. Yep, we are all creeping into 40. Ready or not.
Okay, enough rambles. Want some pictures? Okay, here goes.
|Paw Paw, Joseph and Royce at Christian's 40th!|
|Amber-doodle and Me|
|Kim and the b-day boy|
oops, his eyes are closed.
maybe he is wishing he wasn't 40?
|Amberlee and Anna-Joy <3 font="font">3>|
|Is your mouth watering? Mine too.|
|Glenn's BBQ catered the party--my fave!|
|The girls show off their moves|
|Guess who's related and who's not? :)|
|It tasted good--real good. Promise.|
|I found this hottie at the party|
|The old school boys club|
|our newest hobby-skating!|
|yep, Danny too.|
|Lem has his work cut out for him. |
(i was too busy taking pictures, people)
|Oh, good times. good times.|
|I love Joseph's bootie. Could not resist this pic.|