Us

Us

Friday, September 2, 2011

Table Tales....



Hey! Who snapped this picture of us at dinner last night?


Friday Fun day. We meet again. Yay!

So, since it's the weekend and all, I will keep it light. (I heard that!)

I leave you with our conversation at the dinner table last night.

On a typical evening we play" trash or treasure." We go around the table and share our "trash" and "treasure" moments of the day with each other.

Joseph's turn.

 "My treasure today was sitting next to **Mary** at lunch. She didn't say one word to me, but she kept kicking my foot and laughing. I think she was...... flirtin' with me Momma." he says sheepishly.

(Is it bad that I don't care for her already?)

I can't remember Joseph's trash. I was still thinking of this girl that had my son's undivided attention in the elementary school cafeteria.

Grrrr.

**I changed her name to protect the innocent...**

Presley's turn.

She takes her fork and points at the food pierced on it and says, "My trash for the day is..... this meal that Mommy made. Yuuuuuu--cky."

I can't remember her treasure. I completely tuned out after that comment.

Can you blame me?

Have a "treasure-filled"  Labor day weekend, my friends!

looking for some better recipes,

jill

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Mark 10:14






2 comments:

Lisa said...

What??? LOL (sorry), but that was dang funny!! Oh man, motherhood!!

tablerbunch said...

This whole post is hilarious!! I cringe thinking of when my sweet boys talk about someone other than MOMMY :)