Us

Us

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Baby steps...


"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

Good old Proverbs. In my opinion, no other book of the Bible gets as straight to the point as Proverbs.

This is our verse for the week. The kids were excited because it's an easy one.

 Easy, but important, I told them.

How do I know this?

Because I plan my course a whole heck of a lot. I plan my day, my week, my month.

But, guess what? God always determines my steps. He will determine what will stick to that schedule and what He will take away from that schedule.

He will determine the direction of my compass.

He's teaching me a whole lot lately about determining my steps.

Like steps to forgiveness.

And grace.

And mercy.

And love.

My course isn't always set on those things. My course is set to bitterness, anger, judgement and a hardened heart at times. (a lot of times.)

God's word says He loves the ones He disciplines and corrects. He must really love me.

I'm thankful for His correction though, even when it's a bitter pill to swallow.

He keeps my attitude in check that's for sure.

That's how I know He loves me.

Praise Him for His discipline, friends. He loves you that much.

re-setting my compass,

jill



No comments: