Us

Us

Monday, September 26, 2011

Looking up....

Our memory verse for the week:

"Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up." James 4:10.

No explanation needed.

I have definitely eaten my share of humble pie...and will again, I am sure of it. Having children...especially honest ones...helps to keep me on-the-floor-humble.

Before having children, I could at least pretend like I had it all together.

After children...not so much.

It's perfectly clear that I have nothing "together".

"I can't pull it all together, but I'm going to enjoy all the together I have." --Jamie Miles

Love this quote from my running friend, Jamie.

And this quote from my friend, Erin Spinks..."Don't try to be "super-mom", just a SUPER mom!"

How can I go wrong with friends like this surrounding me?

Lord, keep my children and myself humble at all times in all situations. YOU are the vine, we are only the branches...apart from You we can do nothing.

looking up to You, Lord,  from this floor that needs to be swept,

jill

No comments: