Us

Us

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Love Dare Day 8...

You have made it 8 days on your love dare journey!! Yay for you! Give yourself a big pat on the back for trying to be what God desires of you to be. :)


Today will be something that seems easier than it actually is. Trust me, I say this from experience.

Day 8:

Be kind to your love all day today. Let every word that comes out of your mouth be pleasing and loving. This will be a lot harder than it seems, therefore I am also asking you to pray throughout the day.

Pray for God to fill your heart with gentleness, love, patience, and self-control. (the last one is the one i struggle with the most with this mouth of mine! help me, Lord!)

We can do this, girls. God will fill us with the power to be loving and kind with our words if we only ask Him.

**Yesterday, I was thinking ahead and preparing for this specific topic to be our dare today. So, I decided to get a head start with using kind and loving words to Lem. Everything was great until I came home from bible study last night.

The house was a wreck. The spaghetti was still on the stove top, the dishes were piled up in the sink because the dishwasher was full of clean dishes, the floor had spaghetti drippings dried up on it.........I could go on.

I was fit to be tied.

Fresh off my bible study, and I was ready to have a MAJOR-momma-melt-down over this dirty house.

However, before I could open my mouth, I remembered what our dare would be today. I KNEW I needed to just shut my mouth and pray for God to give me grace with my words....ughhh. Hard!

But, I did it!

So can you!

" May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

No comments: