Us

Us

Friday, September 30, 2011

Love Dare Day 10...

We have made it to day 10! I have to admit, it hasn't been without struggle. Yesterday, while praying for the removal of unforgiveness, I had several episodes arise that really required the razor-sharp teeth biting of my tongue. I probably have scars.


The whole point of this Love Dare is to make it a way of life for us. If we are going to do that, we must carry our "dares" into each day...including holding our tongue. Uggh. HARD.

In order for us to love the way Jesus commands us to love, we must follow His way. We can do this! He has already equipped us with His Holy Spirit, we just have to put it into action...daily.

I keep hearing this verse over and over and over in my head.."Do not merely listen to the Word and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." James 1:22.

Guilty. Guilty of knowing what I am supposed to do...and not doing it. A lot. A whole lot.

So, on to today's dare.

Day 10:

The kids and I play a little game once a week while driving the 17 mile drive to school. We call it the "compliment" game. We each take turns complimenting each other. It's really fun to hear what the kids have to say. They shoot pretty straight. The point of this is to encourage each others strengths and focus on their God-given talents and gifts. A few encouraging words to someone can make a huge impact on their life.

Today, let's compliment our husbands. I want us to speak encouragingly and complimentary about our spouse to 3 friends or family members. Build him up to them and speak highly of your man. If you have trouble with what to compliment him on...pray. God will bring some things to your heart...just ask Him.

The second part of today's dare is to compliment your husband to his face. Look him in the eye and tell him something positive and uplifting about himself that will encourage him and put a smile on his face.

Our words are so powerful. They can make or break someone. Let's use our words to encourage today....and every day.

"Therefore encourage each other with these words." I Thess. 4:18

p.s....if anyone would like to take over a day or two next week....let me know! I would love to hear your love dare ideas! my friend, Rebekah, will be doing the weekend dare. be blessed!

No comments: