Us

Us

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cooking for Dummies...



(this is NOT what my taco ring looks like...but, you get the idea. mine is much messier and minus all the veggies)

I have a lot to share with y'all, but not enough time to write.

So, I leave you with this...

A recipe.

This is an absolute staple at my house. My kids eat every single last bite on their plate.

That's saying a lot for my picky eaters.

The Taco Ring
 
2 cans crescent rolls
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 lb ground round
2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
a little water-just enough to mix seasoning in ground beef once cooked
 
Optional: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa.
 
-Cook meat and add and seasoning.
-Arrange rolls in a circle on cooking stone or round pizza pan with points hanging down, sides touching.
--Put some meat on each triangle.
-Top with grated cheese
-Fold over skinny end of point to fatter end of crescent roll to cover meat.
-Repeat with each triangle.
 
Yes, it's that easy.
 
Bake according to crescent roll package directions.
 
Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa. (or none of the above it you have picky eaters like me!)
 
If I can make this, your 3 year old can make this.
 
Scout's honor.
 
no martha stewart here,
 
jill