Us

Us

Monday, August 22, 2011

Clinging to that Vine....

presley's little card is already bent. i should take a picture by the end of the week--if i can even locate them by then.

here's the thinghy i keep our verses in. (after the end of the week, those note cards above are bent ,torn, stepped on, have juice spills, blood stains, you name it.) this helps keep my copy in a permanent place and free of the above mentioned damages.

Okay, so you know I have a Monday morning thing I do with my kids...I have shared with y'all before.Well, I thought I would start blogging about it just to hold me accountable.

Monday's are NOT my favorite, so having something to make my mind get out of neutral always helps.

As the last school year winded down, I got pretty slack. Then Summer hit, and it was slack-city.

So, last Monday we got back on track. I wrote down a new memory verse for that week and the kids and I learned it by Friday. (Sadly, the kids learn it much faster than me. Something about my brain and being 36 and all.)

Today, I woke up and had NO idea what this weeks verse would be. I opened the Bible and it all but slapped me in the face.

Our preacher mentioned this verse in our sermon yesterday. It was providential. God was all but screaming it in my ear.

"I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Can I get an amen? I mean, how much more awesome and on point could this scripture be. I love the idea of remaining in Him. He always reaffirms a matter with me over over and over. He knows I need those reminders, because I so quickly forget.

 I jumped up and grabbed the note cards and wrote the scripture on 3 different cards. One for me, one for Joseph and one for Presley. If my children are anything like their poor momma, visual aides are their only chance at learning. Sad, but true.

We hopped in the car and read our new verse. Presley asked me to explain the verse to her and I hesitated to find the right 6 year old words for her to understand.

I decided on telling her a story instead so she could get a visual of what it meant to remain in Him and on His path. Hopefully, she understands now. However, even if she doesn't quite yet, I know she will eventually.

Well, that's my Monday so far people.

Praying for all of you as you begin another week!

remaining in Him,

jill

No comments: