Us

Us

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Getting to know Him...


I sent this email out to some friends today, and thought I would extend to my few and faithful blog readers. I would love for you to join me in this...the more the merrier.



If you are interested, you can leave a comment or email me at lemandjill@gmail.com


Hi, friends! Hoping that all of you had the merriest Christmas! It always seems to fly by doesn't it?


OK, well I will get to straight to the point of this email.


Here goes.


I feel like the Lord has laid it on my heart to host a weekly bible reading plan. Trust me, I argued with Him and told Him (as if He didn't know) my commitment phobia.


He didn't seem to care about that. He just told me to do it anyway.


Ugh.


So, hence this email.


If you are interested...I will send via email a bible reading plan for the week. Of course, you can read it at your own pace.


Along with that, I will try (let me repeat, try) to include a small little lesson or something to go along with the reading if applicable.


Sometimes, I wake up and go straight to the Lord, but feel unfocused. I need direction and hopefully this will keep me focused and on the path to knowing Him better and more intimately.


By the end of the year, we will have completed the Bible! How cool is that?


This challenge is mainly for yours truly. I have never read the Bible all the way through.


I need to.


If we truly want to be wiser, love more, and be armed with His protection and His favor...we MUST know Him.


How do we know Him?


We read His word.


If you want to be a part of this, please respond back to me.


Trust me, you will not hurt my feelings if your answer is a big fat NO.


It may just be me, myself and I doing this....and that's okay. :-)


Or, if you know anyone else who may be interested in joining in this, please forward this to them and have them contact me so that I can add them to the list.


If you are one of the interested ones, we will start January 1st. I will send the email out sometime that week for you to start reading.


In the meantime, I will be searching online for a one year bible reading plan.


I love you girls and am praying for all of you to be filled with God's BEST this upcoming year!


Love and more love,


Jill





No comments: