Us

Us

Saturday, December 17, 2011

And we have a winner.....





In honor of Random Acts of Kindness month, we had a little contest here on the blog. Our first ever contest! (with an actual real-life prize--yippee!)

It's been a lot of fun hearing your Christmas traditions. I have cherished every one.

My kids have been waiting for this day all week, because they wanted to help draw the winner's name.

They decided to have "Hill Family Nightly News Broadcast".

After 30 minutes (maybe even more) of deciding (more like arguing) on who would be the one to actually "draw" the name, they agreed on a plan.

Joseph would commentate and Presley would draw the name.

 Settled. Finally.

So.....congratulations to our winner!

You must watch thevideo to see who won our prize.

I don't make things easy.....do I.

The winner gets.....drum roll please.....

**A $15.00 gift card to Starbucks, along with a $5.00 gift card to Starbucks to pass on to a friend**. 


We want you to pay it forward.

Every person that commented was entered. Even those that called me, emailed me, or commented on Face book. So, we had a lot of entries!

Fabulous!

I really wish I could give ALL of you a prize!

I'm envisioning an episode of  "Oprah's favorite things"........

How great would that be?

Ok, back to reality.

For now, enjoy a nice treat at Starbucks with someone special.

Take the time to connect and invest in someones life.

Our time is the most precious gift that we can give to others.

It's also the hardest thing to give.

With the Internet, cell phones, and the price of gas being an arm and a leg...our face to face communication is dwindling.

How sad.

Don't even get me started on bookstores closing all over the place.

There's just something about engaging in life..REAL books, REAL life, REAL people, REAL communication.

It's the good stuff.

No, it's the best stuff.

signing off and signing in to my REAL life,

jill


3 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Who has the CUTEST kiddies on the planet....drum roll please.......

JILL HILL!!!!

Woooo, Jill. ;))
Love those sugar muffins. xoxo!

Samantha said...

They are seriously the CUTEST!!!! Loved it!!

Jamie said...

Ugh....how did I not get entered.... Hannah Kate said, "I so am gonna tell Joesph I saw this." yay for Kelly.

I would have said our favorite Christmas tradition was what we just did tonight, having Advent together as a family. This evening we added watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas." It always brings a lump to my throat.

Enjoyed the drawing. Will have to be sure to be entered next year. Love you. j