Us

Us

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bittersweet Day 25...

Today is bittersweet for me. As, I prayed yesterday and this morning, I felt the Lord leading me to the end of our Love Dare. I kept listening to Him, and asking back to Him in prayer..."Are you sure, God??"


When we started this Love Dare, I had only planned on doing it for a few days leading up to our 13th wedding anniversary. However, I felt the Lord leading us to keep going with it. I remember several of you asking me how long we were going to do this? I kept saying..."I have no idea. Until God tells me it's time to end it."

Never, in a million years, could I have imagined what the Lord had planned on doing through this Love Dare! I had just whimsically thought it would be fun to do this to Lem for a few days in honor of our anniversary. However, God had other plans! He lead all of you down the same Love Dare path.

You are all so uniquely special to the Lord. He hand-picked all of YOU to be on this journey. Doesn't that blow your mind? Oh, how he loves you, sweet friends.

As I am typing, Lem is in the kitchen making me breakfast. This is very rare, by the way! (must have something to do with this Love Dare!) :)

The kids are at my Mom's, and I am on my bed with my laptop in my lap. Tears are stinging my eyes as I picture what great and mighty things God has done through our Love Dare.

I will probably never know the full impact of our prayers and our daily acts of love and kindness on this journey. But, God does. He hears every single prayer. Every last one of them.

Never, ever give up on God. He is working....be still and wait for Him. His way is so much greater than ours. Trust Him in all areas of your life.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

He wants the very best for our marriages, girls. Let's don't ever, ever get caught in the trap of mediocrity...in any areas of our lives.

God is never mediocre, and He doesn't want us to be either.

Be excellent, girls..in everything you do! Live your life in excellence!

This doesn't mean being "perfect" either. Only God is perfect. Excellence means doing our very best.

Praying daily and letting the Lord really be the LORD of our lives!

If we put Him first, everything else will fall into place. Trust Him on this.

Live out the Love Dare every single day of your life! This is not a temporary journey, friends. It is a life long journey!

On November 12th, we are having a Love dare date night at our house. I sent an evite last week. If you haven't received it, please let me know and I will send it again.

I hope to see all of you here! I can't wait to see your faces and hug your sweet necks!

Day 25 and beyond:

Stay in His word.

Pray.

Love.

Love more.

Love even more.

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:12-15


not settling for less than God's best,


Jill

2 comments:

Jamie Miles said...

This is a wonderful post. Sometimes I'm too tired for Love Dare living all the time. But I should have it in the back of my mind all of the time. That way, maybe I'll come through occasionally. You are right. We need to be grateful for our husbands.

tablerbunch said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Loved going on this journey with you all! You are a gem!