Us

Us

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 21.....

Hey, girls! Hope y'all are still hanging in here with me!


I have to admit, this has been one of the MOST fun things that I have ever done. Hopefully, you all feel the same way. :)

We are not far from the end of our Love Dare...which makes me sad. BUT--we still have a few good days left!

Mrs. Teddi Holt...a very wise and godly woman...wrote today's love dare for us. Read and be blessed!

Day 21:

-Tim LaHaye’s book, One Home Under God, that I read years ago helped me with this:

He said, “Ladies I don’t know why God said submit to your husbands first, before he said to the husbands, Love your wives as Christ does the Church.” He just did.

It was for me, like, the answer to the child’s question, “Why is the sky blue?”

Or, to a teacher, “Why are there rule breakers in the English language?”

The same answer of course to all of the above is …”It just is.”

That was probably when I was in my early 30’s. It wasn’t until then, actually, after I had my 3rd son, that I knew anything truly about the Holy Spirit actually talking to me. I knew he was there, but I didn’t know like Benny Hinn’s book, Good Morning, Holy Spirit, that the paraclete, just like Jesus was sent to be in me and walk me through this life.

I would ask the LORD, “Why me? Why must I change? Why doesn’t Tim have to change and make me feel better or do things I want?”

The LORD, so patient with that “me”, would say, “Aren’t you the one trying to know me? Aren’t you the one praying and asking for help? You can’t change him, but you can only change you!”

Years later, I’m still working on me! But, oh how I’ve changed..Praise the LORD GOD of Heaven and earth. I no longer have to be right! I no longer know best! I no longer have to have my say! LOL!!!...

That was and is tremendous change! I came here knowing everything…;)!..and telling everybody so! It was in my genes! Still is! Looking at my grandgirls, I see those leadership qualities as they “ya-ya at each other..not giving in…coming to a stalemate..” They, like me need that gentle persuasion to give and take.

Now, I know we’ve done some romantic things during this “dare” study. Funny, for Jill to ask me, because my husband’s love language is “work”. He feels love when I work for and with him. That’s even flirtatious to him…”turns him on”..I guess you’d say.

So, to be his helpmate, the Eve this Adam needs..the one who completes him…I had to decide that I …and I mean the WORD says it clearly…I was made for him…not him for me. I complete him…not the other way around.

We love the proverbial woman section of our Bibles…and desire to be her…but her husband is known in the gates because of her…not the other way around…

Dare for today is:

Love you husband with his love language…not yours! Mine…and I have more than one! …are words of affirmation and time..and touch. Not his!! I don’t remember them all…I think I’m missing one…but his is “having things done …work!”

I melt when he says “Good job!” He knows he does a good job! He wants me to do …like he loves the cabinet cleaned off in the kitchen…nothing on it. He could care if I sweep the kitchen. He loves the bed made…and things cleared off my vanity…and the bathroom clutter off the sink…etc., He loves me to water the plants, or to blow off the drive. He is loved by my work for him.

He works very hard for me, and I give him lots of compliments! He hardly notices or cares if I give him words. Actions speak much louder than words to him.

Love your guy with his love language. Think from his perspective is the way Stormie Omartian prays it in the 1st prayer in her book, The Power of the Praying Wife. If you have not prayed that prayer over yourself…and I do it the 1st day of each month, and every Saturday with our prayer blanket.

Thanks Jill for the honor. Go girls! Go!!!!

Teddi

No comments: