Us

Us

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 23...

It's Thursday already! Time flies when you are thankful, right? ;)


I hope you found that being thankful is a good, good thing for our hearts. It keeps us centered...on Christ.

Since our hearts are so full of thankfulness after yesterday....today's dare we will act on our thankfulness.

Day 23:

Thank You.


As I type this, I am laughing because I am thinking of my Mom. She cannot stand when people say "thanks". She prefers "thank you." It's just one of her little pet peeves.

I kind of see her point of view. It just seems a little more thoughtful when we say, "thank you." (although, i find myself saying "thanks" a lot instead...oops.)

So, the point of today's dare...

Tell your husband "thank you" today.

How many times have we thought "thank you", but never said it out loud. Sometimes Lem will help me with something, and I am very grateful, but I forget to say thank you.

If he pours your coffee, or wipes his feet before entering the house, or does anything remotely worthy of a thank you....tell him!

Be extra aware of making sure he knows how thankful you are for his little gestures.

The second part of this dare...(yep, you are not getting off that easy!)

Tell 2 friends or family members thank you. Think of something someone has done for you recently...and thank them.

You can call them, text them, write them a note, or tell them face to face...whatever you prefer. Just thank them.

I want us (especially myself!) to get into the habit of "thankful thinking". It really does make a difference and create a new heart and mindset for us.

Go, girls...go say thank you!

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7


thanking God for all of YOU,


Jill

No comments: