Us

Us

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 20....

Happy Monday, friends! Hope you all had a blast using your female flirting skills this weekend!



We have several new girls that joined us this week! Isn't that awesome? God is working all around us and touching hearts and marriages. Those of you that joined in after we started can catch up when the love dare is over. You can go to my blog (www.keepingupwiththehills.blogspot.com) and each love dare day is on there. When we are finished, those of you that missed the beginning can continue back to day one and move forward. :) You will be so glad you did!


Today's dare is brought to you by our friend, Scarlet Torok. It's very insightful and important to celebrate our differences with our men, not reject those differences. Scarlet describes this perfectly below...enjoy and be blessed!

 Day 20:

Celebrating our differences.

He grades bodily functions on sound and smell…
He walks in & out of a room without seeing all the things that need to be done…
He is impatient when it is time to go (and I’m never ready when it is time to go)…
He LOVES being in large crowds and talking to strangers…
He spends money like real estate is good & our stocks haven’t tanked…He watches too much tv (for my taste, at least)…
 
Yes, those things annoy me, but each trait has two sides. I can turn each of the above statements into the following:
 
 He can pick kids up off the pavement and deal with their bumps and bruises without flinching (or gagging)!He stays on task and gets the job done!He arrives to appointments on time!
He pulls me out of my shell and gets me to experience new things & new people!
He pays the bills willingly, without having a panic attack!
He teaches me that it is important to stop, breathe, and be!
 He is also AMAZING with the kids! He loves to grill out for me, lift heavy things, and pamper me!
He sweeps the floors, does all the dishes, and irons! (I have ironed twice in the almost 12 years we have been married.)
 
We are different. That’s God’s design.
 
He knows that I would not be whole without my husband, that I need him. I think maybe not only because of the second list, but those annoying traits are there for me, too (maybe I have something to learn within them). It is my decision which list I choose to dwell on. I try to make a conscious effort to choose the second one.
 
Not perfect, by any means, but I’m up to keeping my mouth shut 2 out of 3 times. That’s a big accomplishment for this girl! Ok, confession time is over. So what is your challenge???
 
Your challenge today is to think of each trait that annoys you and write down the counterpart (with that exclamation point). Focus on each positive aspect that he brings to the table. Shout it from the mountain tops! Or, just say it over and over and over in your head when the negative thought tries to pop in to your brain. Celebrate him and all he brings to your marriage.
 
While I was putting this together, I read the following quote on Tony Robbins’ facebook page.
 
It is worth remembering in all areas of our lives, but really brings home the point when thinking of the different personalities in our marriage.
 
 · From Team Tony: Today’s UPW Quick Tip: "What you consistently speak with emotional intensity, you will experience, you will create, and you will become. The words that you speak with emotional conviction become the life you live – this is your heaven or this is your hell" – Tony Robbins
 
 Here’s to loving passionately!!!
 
By: Scarlet Bell Torok

No comments: