Us

Us

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 22...

It's Wednesday!


As I started praying yesterday for the Lord to reveal to me what He wants us to do today for our dare...I became overwhelmed with gratefulness. Overwhelmed by how much He loves me and YOU! Overwhelmed with how personal He is with us.

It's truly knock-you-to-your-knees incredible, His love for us.

So, as I prayed, I kept hearing the scripture that I sent all of you over the weekend:

 "Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thess. 5:16-18.

In my life, I often forget to give thanks. Yes, I pray...but I am usually "requesting" instead of thanking Him.

As I was folding clothes, I looked around my bedroom and saw pictures of my husband and my children surrounding me. Tears flooded my eyes. What in the world do I have not to be thankful for?

If I am thankful, I can't be bitter. I can't be angry. I can't be sulky or pouty.

If I am thankful, I can't be ungrateful.

Day 22:

Today's dare is to pray all day today and give thanks to our Lord. Thank Him for everything you see and everything you do today. If you are sitting in carpool, or driving to work, or just watching the News...give Him thanks.

When we fill our minds with this kind of thankfulness, the dark and ugly places have no place to reside.

Beware: You will find yourself smiling a lot today. How do I know?? I practiced this dare all day yesterday so that I would be good and ready for today. My mouth couldn't help but smile as I praised Him and thanked Him.

What does this have to do with our husbands?

Oh, a whole lot!!

When we are thankful, they can see it. They want to see their women happy! They want their women to smile!

Certainly, that smile of yours is what drew you him to you in the first place, right?

Go, give thanks..and smile!

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful aned thankful." Colossians 4:2

can't help but smile,



Jill

No comments: