Us

Us

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bittersweet....

~Presley for President...2044??~ ~Kissing her candidates goodbye..~


What a year this has been! My country has been in the midst of the most divisive, history making election in my lifetime. Late last night, the votes were counted, the results were in. Barack Obama will be leading our country for the next 4 years. As I listened to the announcement at 11:00 p.m., a wash of relief came over me. I was saddened that my candidate did not ultimately succeed, yet I was ready for an end to the anxiety and preoccupation that had led to that moment.




The result of this election is bittersweet to me. On one hand my heart is full of pride for our nation for electing a man who is not white, and not the "a-typical" presidential type. On the other hand, I strongly disagree on many of his positions and basic direction for our country. However, politics aside, I am grateful to have lived to see this day. Our nation is finally, once and for all, overcoming centuries of racism and bigotry. This makes me proud.




Now that all is said and done, I will be praying for our president. Praying that he will change his mind on the moral issues that we all hold dear to our hearts. God is able to change the hearts of men, and I am praying fervently that he will. I firmly believe that God's will, will be done. He is sovereign, and is faithful to his people. We must cling to Him and continue to obey Him and teach our children about God's word. We must unequivocally teach our children to honor and obey God in all areas. Our children are the future. And with God's help and guidance we can raise them to be the leaders that will be needed in a world that is corrupting daily.




Let's continue to draw near to Him, as we have done during this election season. May God keep His favor and protection upon us. And may we not be immune and numb to our country, our fellow men and most of all, our sins. Lord, help us to live with resolve and to live each day on purpose for you.




"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the Earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. " Isiah 55:8-9




"Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed. " Isaiah 56:1


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Amen to this.