Us

Us

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tubs and Tears.....

~Presley having a picnic last week in her "Rock Star" outfit...~
~Presley's 2nd favorite pose~ ~Presley being silly~
~Presley's FAVORITE pose...~

I know, I know, I already posted today. But, I have to get this on paper, or ahem..on computer. Since my scrapbook has not seen me in ages, this is it for me. My place for all things kids, family, thoughts, etc. I am sure I will get back to the old fashioned way of scrapping, but this will just have to suffice for now.


Picture this...I am doubled over in pain for most of the day today. My little once a month visitor made her gracious appearance very early this morning. I have been popping Advil like candy since about 6:00 a.m. Hopefully overdosing on Advil is not fatal?


Well, you get the picture. So, as soon as Lem gets home I tell him that I am heading for the bathtub and to please keep the children occupied while I soak my cramps away. This is the ONLY remedy for me on days like today and my sweet lovely knows this. Without hesitation, he kindly obeys my desperate request for peace.


I run the water, pour the bubbles, lock my bedroom door, and the bathroom door. Finally getting some relief from these darn earthquakes that are rupturing in my back and torso, I hear a knock at my bedroom door.


I wanted to go under the water and never come up. My little retreat had been discovered, and I wasn't about to surrender and get out yet. The knocks come again...and just when I am about to holler for Lem to please take the little ones outside or distract them so that I can soak in serenity...i hear this...


"Mommy, it's just me. Nobody else but me."


It was Presley talking in the sweetest, lowest voice you've ever heard.


"Hey, Mommy...come on...it's really just me. It's okay, you can let me in.."


I just love her innocence in that she would never dream that the door could possibly be locked to keep her out. It must have been locked only to keep all others, especially the boys of the house away.


It was all that I could do not to jump out of that tub, bubbles still in tow on my body, and give her the biggest hug and kiss that my cramped out body could manage.


Instead, I heard her little foot steps walking away. Something else caught her attention and she moved on.


I sat in the tub for a few more minutes and thanked the sweet Lord for this precious daughter that He has given me. She is and always will be my best friend.


As I was tucking her in tonight, she said to me..."Mommy, I want to be a Mommy just like you. I want to have a boy and a girl and name them Joseph and Presley."


My heart melted into her words and I tried not to flood her with my tears as I held her tightly and kissed that soft forehead.


My girl, My daughter, My princess, My best friend, My biggest challenge at times.....Presley Jane.




2 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Oh my goodness, Jill!
HOW PRECIOUS!!!!!! Presley is an absolute DOLL!!! You're doing such a great job with her!! I can relate to her wanting to immulate her sweet Mother. I want to be just like you, too, it's evident that you are an outstanding Mom - so sweet and patient, so loving and kind!
. . .Our girls, our best friends and our greatest allies. These days are so important - through the meltdowns and drama we're insuring a deep bond that can never be broken (and that as adults, they'll be at the dinner table on special holidays).
Thanks so much for blessing me with this!!!
Love you much!!!
me

Rebekah said...

Jill,

You are the sweetest mom on the planet. I loved your story.

Hope the Advil is helping.
Last night, Jack (post bath) wanted to take a shower with me. In those moments you are torn between having a sweet time with your kids and needing some sweet time for yourself.
I so felt your heart on that.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today and that today feels better, too.

Give Presley a little squeeze from me!!

Love you,
Bek