As they have gotten older, I have had to put it aside and just relax in the moment with them, and do my best to jot things down when I can.
I started this blog 5 years ago, to make it easier for me to do this. So, over the years I have posted some belly laugh stories about my two little darlings. They never cease to make me smile and laugh the MOST.
Today, I decided to interview Presley. My friend Erin has been doing this the last few days...and I think it is a fabulous (and easy!) way to sear these memories.
We had a really, really rough morning. Tears, kicking, screaming, throwing, more tears. (and I was the one doing most of the stuff just listed!) Shame on me.
The funny thing is, I was JUST trying to encourage my friend (who has a newborn) at bible study last night that "things would get easier, blah blah blah..." and here I was pitching a crazy momma fit in my kitchen!
Wow. The irony.
So, today we walked in late to school. I checked her in and walked her to her class. It was my mentoring day (some mentor i am after this morning!!), so I went to go and get my sweet little second grade mentee.
She was getting ready to go on a field trip. Shoot.
I walked back down the hall past Presley's room. I stopped, motioned for her to come to me, hugged her, and told the teacher I was taking my girl to breakfast.
I am pretty sure she was thinking, "Umm, you just got here."
Oh well. That's how we are rolling today. :)
We had breakfast at Chic-fil-a and soaked up our time together.
|i really wanted to show her (and myself): |
that you can turn a BAD day into a GREAT day!
every single day.
After breakfast, we started to head back to school.
I quickly turned my car around and changed my mind. We were having a "home" day.
She is in first grade. It really doesn't matter, right?
It's one day. One day of she and me. Me and she.
|she is catching up with me!|
Here is my little Presley in her own little words.
Unedited Presley Jane:
- How old are you? 7 years old, and I will be 8 in December.
- How much do you think you weigh? about 50 lbs.
- What is your favorite time of day? Afternoon!! Because I come home from school and get to eat my snack!
- Who is your favorite teacher ever? Mrs. Chamberlain and Mrs. Nation
- If you could wear any outfit to school what would it be? (I told her to go and put it on...here it is)
- What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? crafts!
- What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? lay down on the couch together.
- What does Mommy like to do? Run and text.
- What does Daddy like to do? look at magazines while on the potty.
- How much does mommy weigh? 150
- How much does daddy weigh? 150
- What is your favorite thing that mommy cooks? chicken fried rice
- What is your favorite thing that daddy cooks? hot dogs!
- What is your favorite dessert? orange sherbert
- What makes people married? kissing, what's the word--not a funeral--oh, a wedding!, babies sometimes, sleeping together in the bed, getting a house together.
- How long should marriage last? 30 years.
- What happens after that? you die.
- Tell me how you want your husband to be? to love God and Jesus more than he loves me, handsome, reading the bible, christian, for him to have a nice family, blue eyes, blonde hair, and to look like my daddy.
- What do you think that mommy does all day? clean
- What do you think that daddy does all day? work!
- Do you think mommy and daddy love each other and why? yes. y'all are a good couple. y'all look alike. y'all both read the bible.
- How many kids do you want? 2 a boy and a girl
- What do you want their names to be? Joseph and Presley
- What do you want to be when you grow up? a dancer and an actor
- If you could have any other name besides Presley, what would it be? JULIE!
- What is your favorite holiday? umm, Christmas and my birthday!
This concludes our interview. Back to making memories.
forever my girl,