Us

Us

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Celebrating the boy who loves music.....

I have something to say.

I am still so moved by this, that I just have to write about it.

Last night we were at the 5th grade awards ceremony at Joseph's school. We sat behind a little family of 3.

About half way through the ceremony, the 5th grade boy in front of us (with his little family) bumps his head somehow.

He repeatedly says, "I bumped my head. I bumped my head".

Over and over.

I soon realized that this little boy must be autistic or something very similar. His parents were trying to distract him so that he could sit a little quieter.

His voice was getting louder by the minute.

Suddenly the speaker calls his name for an award.

 He happily rises out of his seat with a big smile on his face. He walks forward to get his Music award.

He stands at the front of the room beaming and admiring his beautiful certificate with his name elegantly penned on the paper.

I watch his parents.

They are glowing with excitement. The sweet Momma is snapping pictures and videoing at the same time.

My throat had a lump the size of North Dakota and my eyes were filling with wet tears.

I suddenly felt guilty for having healthy children. I felt incredible pain for this family. The struggles that they must go through. Beginning with the first diagnosis of this child. This little boy. Their little boy.

Then I heard the Lord whisper to me: "Just because you do not see a healthy child, does not mean he is not healthy. He is healthier than most people in this very room. His heart is pure. It is not tarnished by the world. My World is different than yours. You will see that one day. Don't feel sorry for him. Be happy for him. Celebrate him."


He is right.

So, today I celebrate this little boy and his awesome family.

He is healthy. Beyond words.

The boy who loves music. How awesome.


a new perspective,

jill

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Jill the perspective the Lord gave you, how you put into words and share with us...all, so amazing. I am blessed to have you in my life.

Rebekah said...

I love when the world is righted by the Lord and He hands is back to us, a little better. God bless that little Mister (North Dakota) who loves music. :) Lord, rain down blessings on His life while we celebrate him and celebrating exactly what you are doing in his life.

I love you, Jilly!
Bek

Anonymous said...

Jill- I taught the boy that you speak of. He brings so much joy into everyone's life. That sweet boy was one of my most favorite students. God's light shines through he and his Momma every day. So glad you got to see him.
Wendy Barber