Us

Us

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Momma knows best...

I feel like crap today.

After being in bed for the last 2 hours, I had to go to the computer to answer an email that I had gotten.

I was just about to log off when I saw a new email from my Momma. She rarely sends me emails because we talk on the phone every single day. I'm so blessed.

When I read the RE: part of the email....tears started running down my cheeks.

 It was: "re: chicken soup from your Mom."

She spoke of how she wishes that we could go back in time to Rex, Ga (where I lived until first grade) and nurse me back to health. She said she would take me out of school for the week and take care of me.

Okay, crying again.

Note to self: crying with a head cold=painful.

The last line of her email is what put me over the edge...

"I could run find a bible verse, but instead I will say don't be weary in well doing, serve the Lord with all your heart and all the days of your life.  He won't let you be sad over things that everyday become your history, kids will grow up, things change, it is the continuance of his plan. xxooooxxxooo your momma


Yes, this is the part that pushed me overboard.

**composing myself and wiping my nose**

Ahem, okay.

I always say that I feel like the Lord has given me a double or even triple dose of realizing the importance of the moment that I am in. Sometimes this can be a hindrance to me though.

It makes me sad, on the verge of depression at times. I love these days with my family. I want to freeze time. In fact, there is a country song called, "You're gonna miss this". I cannot hear it anymore. It makes me cry.

Not just cry, but ugly cry.

I just cannot hear it anymore.

In my heart, I know that God does not want me to be sad about the future. He wants me to trust Him, completely. I want to believe and trust in the fact that every day will be the best day of my life.

But, oh it is so hard.

If I can humbly ask my readers for prayer in this area, I would be so grateful. Specifically that I will not dread the future, or my children growing up. I want to enjoy the moment AND look forward to what the Lord holds for our future.

Yes! That's what I want.

Thank you for your prayers.

How can I pray for you?


thankful for it all,

jill










No comments: