Us

Us

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The good old days.....

Joseph, Granny Hill and Presley
2005

Presley, Jess, Lem and Grandaddy Easter
2005

This week finds me reminiscing of the good old days when all of my grandparents were alive. I miss each of them so much. My grandmother Huscusson, PawPaw, and Granny Allgood were all such HUGE impacts in my life growing up. Not only were they special, but as I grew up and got married, i received 3 more grandparents from Lem! Mymama, Grandaddy and Granny Hill. Granny Hill is the only one still alive, and she is in a nursing home. Joseph just loves her so much. He wrote a story about her at school this year. They were asked to write their wish for 2008, and his wish was to spend more time with his Granny Hill. It was more like a note to her, telling her all of the things he loved to do with her. After the initial disappointment that he didn't write about me, I was so stricken with his love for his Granny and the sweet way that he relates to her. Despite their obvious age difference and generational gap, they have a strong undeniable connection. He reminds me so much of her, his sweet ways and his love for people and animals mirrors her personality.

I pray each day that I can be half the grandparent that my grandparents were to me. I miss them dearly, and know that they are angels in heaven now. Thank you for the influence that each of you had in my life, I am constantly reminded of your love and especially the prayers that you must have prayed over my life.






No comments: