Us

Us

Friday, January 6, 2012

Pass me a Kleenex....

I sit here and type, but I really need to be doing housework.

My floors are dirty, they need a good sweep and vacuum. But, I just can't right now.

While making my bed a few minutes ago, I started sobbing uncontrollably.

My heart is still aching from the loss of David.

The strange thing is...we were not really "friends." I knew his brother and hung out with his brother a little after high school. I had never really met David.

Until Facebook.

When I heard of his illness, I contacted him and introduced myself and expressed to him how my family and I were in fervent prayer for his healing.

We sent a few emails back and forth a couple of times, and I posted countless encouraging scriptures on his wall.

But, we had never even met.

It doesn't matter though. My heart grieves for the loss of his presence and his warmth that he radiated.

I just saw a picture of him on facebook taken when he was about 12...it hit my heart hard.

I saw him as a little boy, close to my Joseph's age.

As a Mother, I grieve. As a wife, I grieve. As a friend, I grieve. As a sister in Christ, I grieve.

I know he is healed. And smiling.

I take comfort in that.

I will finally meet him face to face one day. I will hug his neck, and tell him what he has done for me...for us.

Jesus took him for a reason. The reason is becoming crystal clear to me.

His life has impacted so many. His life is drawing us all closer to Jesus because of our sorrow.

Oh, Jesus...how I love you.


blowing snot bubbles, but still trusting,

jill

7 comments:

The Prince Group said...

Oh Jill,
This is just an example of how people have been affected by David's battle with cancer. Isn't it just like God to take something so vile as cancer & use it for his glory? Our family continues to receive blessings, prayers and scriptures to ease our hearts. Also, I "met" you through his FB posts & now am a part of your on-line Bible reading. Your e-mail to us this morning just blessed my heart so much. I know David is safe & that he is in good hands with our Jesus & that makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Watching his unrelenting faith through his battle is one of the reasons I reopened my closed and angry heart to Jesus. For that I will be forever grateful!

Jill Hill said...

Thank you, Susan..you bless me with your words. Can't wait to meet you face to face and hug your sweet neck!

Anonymous--thank you for your transparency. you just blessed me with your realness.

much love. <3

Kerry McAlister said...

Jill, honey you took the words right out of my mouth! You are so good at that. It just goes to show you don't have to know someone well or be great friends with them in order for them to touch our lives. I am so honored to call you my friend!
Love
Kerry (Smith) McAlister

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Loved this, Jilly - I felt the same way when I saw that precious photo.
Love you so.

Amber Andrews said...

Yep! I was right there with you on the snot bubbles. But what a day of rejoicing we will one day have when we are all standing together again! Amber

Anonymous said...

I constantly have David, Lisa and their family on my mind. I met Lisa when I was younger. David and I always went to the same schools and had classes together. I never had the chance to spend time with David and Lisa as a couple but would hear from mutual friends how they were doing. I had a dream last night that I was out somewhere and in my dream I saw them together and how happy they were. I would have love to have known them as a couple. I am so thankful to have known David our "hero" and will never forget his strength and courage.

Amanda Hilscher Chiappetta