Us

Us

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nine is Divine....


~Joseph and Presley share a little hug~

Oh, so much to say, so much to say. I will start with wishing my handsome prince a happy 9th birthday!! I cannot believe it has been 9 years since I gave birth to my first child. It seems just like yesterday that I held that big, beautiful, dark-haired baby in my arms for the first time. I will never, ever forget our eyes connecting in that triage room where I had to deliver. The delivery rooms were all full! (This story sounds familiar doesn't it..ahem, Mary and Joseph?) Hahaha.

My heart is truly held in his little 9 year old hands. I love this child with every ounce of my heart. He knows it too. I think he gets a kick out of how irresistible he is to me. Oh well.

Joseph has a heart for the Lord like no other little boy I have every known. He is already so wise in all of the ways that count. His little heart just beats for others and for helping others. Joseph continues to amaze me with his laid back and easy going ways. I just sit in awe of him sometimes and the boy he is growing into.

Thank you, Lord for blessing me with this child. If I had a dollar for every time I asked You why in the world I deserve such a child, I would surely be rich. Thank you for allowing me to raise him and love him. He and Presley are the very blood running through these veins.

As I fight back tears and swallow this massive lump in my throat at the thought of him growing up, I praise Jesus for every moment spent with him. When I think of how blessed I am to be able to take him and pick him up from school everyday, the tears just flow...endlessly. Thank you, Lord.

I hope he always wants me to come and deliver his cupcakes to his homeroom. Today he said..."please come and deliver them, I want to see you." My heart melted, and I couldn't help but wonder if he would feel the same way next year. Regardless, I am cherishing these moments.

Happy Birthday, Joseph Lemuel Hill.

All my love and my heart too,

Mommy

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a heartfelt post.

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Maybe one day, I can adopt him - as a son-in-law. :)))
Love that boy!