Us

Us

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back to School....

~the night before Kindergarten and 4th grade~
~dreaming of their first day of school!~

~a little morning note to start their first day~



~our classic first day of school, stand by the tree picture~
~in the carpool line~

~walking into school and then standing by her school mascot...Panda!~

~she was not happy at this point...tears followed....by she and I~


So, the first day of school arrived...and there was no shortage of tears. The most being from yours truly. This day is always a HUGE deal to me. It is a mark of another year, and another stepping stone for my babies. We all know that I don't like change, especially of the growing up variety. I h.a.t.e it, to be quite frank. However, I deal, I cry, and I pray. Give me a week, and I am good to go.

Presley started Kindergarten, and Joseph started 4th grade. Yes, 4th grade!!! I can hardly say it withoug a lump forming in the back of my throat. I mean, I remember 4th grade like it was yesterday. I remember my teacher, my friends, the clothes that I wore, and what we had for lunch! 4th grade seems like yesterday. Oh, how time flies.

On another note, the kids and I started learning scripture together this Summer. We would find a verse in the bible and try to memorize it by the end of the week. Some weeks were better than others. :)

We decided to keep our tradition during the school year. So this week we found a scripture and started to try and memorize it in the car on the way to school. We have a 20 minute drive, so we have ample time to recite it. This week's verse was:

"Share with God's people who are in need, practice hospitality." Romans 12:13.

To make it easier on is, we put it to a song. So it goes something like this..."Share with God's people who are in need, practice hospitality with Romans 12:13."  Can't you just hear us singing it??

Can't wait to see what next week holds!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE the memorize a verse thing...I'm going to steal that!

Tracey said...

You are such an amazing mom! They will always remember their morning commute and they will also remember the way you taught them the scriptures!!
We sing this is the day the Lord has made every morning on the way to school and then we pray. My mom and I used to sing this on the way to school and it stuck with me.
love you,
tg