Us

Us

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Breathing deep....


~From Presley




~From Joseph

~From Lem



~From Presley



I feel like the most blessed Mommy in the whole world. Every holiday my children and my husband spoil me with their homemade cards, and their thoughtful gifts. This Mother's Day was no exception. I awakened to breakfast in bed and a bevy of cards and gifts. I thought about reaching for my camera, then winced at the thought of how I would look in those pictures. Scary.


I have been meaning to blog this for a while, but alas life happens. Since discovering that my blog can be made into a scrap book in the literal blink of an eye, I have rediscovered my blogging passion. This is for my babies! They will love seeing all of their silly stories and events on here one day. (I hope, anyway!) :)



Trying to keep my life as simple as can be these days. I have gotten carried away in the past with things that shouldn't have my attention, and I feel God has made me "aware" of those things. I want my life to be about my faith in an awesome God, my husband who I am so in love with, and my babies who are the sunshine's of my life. I want to cherish every waking second with the people around me, the people that God has put in my life. I have had the tendency in the past to "over spread" myself so to speak. I have put myself in places that God did not call me to be. I am grateful that He is showing me and teaching me exactly where He wants me. I am listening, intently.


My life is wherever God wants me. Anywhere else is a waste of my time and my very breath. Overstimulating can be addicting, like a drug to my brain. However, God knows that is not what is best for me. He wants me to under stimulate, take a deep breath, and breathe in the moment. The moment can be slow, but it is exactly the pace I need to be now. There is peace in those slow moving moments.


I am hoping that anyone reading this finds joy in every single day. Not the joy of over stimulation and activity, but the joy in the sounds of your children whispering and laughing. The sound your husband makes as he is walking through the door after a long day at work. (hopefully, this is a good sound! ) The sound of hearing your Mother or Father's voice on the other end of the phone. The sound of laughing with your best friend, or crying with your best friend. The sound of the pages of your bible turning as you look for a fitting scripture for yourself or a loved one. This is life. This is what we will cherish in the end.


life really IS good,


Jill

No comments: