Us

Us

Saturday, February 9, 2013

I'm good with the small.....

When I was a little girl and day-dreamed after day-dreamed of being a Mommy, I never realized just how hard it would be.

I envisioned aprons, flour on the countertops, pigtails, braids, baseball caps, clean smelling kid laundry, and all the fine things that come with being a Mommy.

Never did it cross my mind the emotional ties that children would have on your tender little heart.

I really don't know how people parent without calling on Jesus day in and day out. I really, really don't.

As much as my marriage has caused me to seek Him more, my children are what bring me to my knees to Him.

Perhaps it is because i feel so responsible for them. It's a huge thing. Huge.

I know that God is control of their little lives, but I have a big role in their lives too.

I must teach them. I must pray for them. I must pray with them. I must show them how to live, by how I live my life. Whew.

I take this job very seriously.

When I say "I", I mean "we". Lem and I.

I used to be very concerned about what my purpose was in life.

I would ask the Lord, day in and day out.  Day in, day out. Day in, day out.

Now, it's crystal clear.

My purpose is being Lem's wife and Joseph and Presley's Momma.

It's never been more clear.

As much as I love SHINE, and the ministry that comes with it--it's just a cherry on top to my real purpose in life.

My desires have absolutely changed. In just this past year.

I used to want to change the world.

Now, I just want to be the change for my children to see. My children are the ones that will be most affected by my life and my ministry.

My ministry in my home is the number one thing.

I can say that without hesitation.

My heart is content with small. Small things and small people. :)

It's funny how we look for our purpose in life, all the while, it is right under our little noses.

Sometimes the smallest things are the hardest to see.

We search high and low, and lo and behold, it is eye to eye and face to face, and cheek to cheek.

cherishing my {not so small} purpose,

jill



2 comments:

Danielle said...

You know I love this!! Learning how to let go of work and do exactly what you are doing!!! <3 you!

Lisa said...

A woman's heart at home...it's who I am too. And I love it and have peace.