Us

Us

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Angels among us....

I only have a few minutes before I leave to get my children from school...

But, I just had to share. I just had to let you know...

This morning on the way to school I had a long discussion with my kids about angels.

This stems from something Presley told me a couple of days ago.

I wrote about it on SHINE this morning. You can read it there, I don't want to repeat myself.

I was telling my kids, reassuring them, that angels were surrounding them. Presley said she could feel the devil taunting her and making her feel bad.

My mind envisioned angel armies encamped around her little body. As soon as I envisioned this, I quickly shared this mental picture with her.

Presley, Satan can NOT harm you. He will try to deceive you and trick you, but you are surrounded by God's angels.

"For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." Psalm 91:11 

We read Psalm 91 every single morning. Every morning.

It never dawned on me to explain it like this to her before.

I had always told her Jesus is with her. Because He is.

However, this time, today, she needed to know that she is always protected not just by Jesus but by His angel armies.

I have chills writing this.

This is a revelation of sorts to me today.

I mean, I knew this. But now, today, something turned on inside of me. A Holy Light and Truth that has been there all along, just for some reason I could not connect it to my {wavering} mind.

Here's the way God works, friends:

I got home from dropping my kids off at school. Soon after I receive an email from my dear friend telling me that she has been praying for Presley all morning since reading the SHINE entry.

She told me that she was reading a book on angels, and she wanted to tell me to reassure Presley that angels were surrounding her, daily.

Here's what it said exactly:

 Presley has been on my heart and mind this morning. Please tell her for me that I am praying for the Lord to send her an angel to minister to her when she feels scared. I am reading a book about angels right now, and this is what I just found for her: Angels Protect Saints "For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." Psalm 91:11 Angels protected Daniel in the lion's den and closed the mouths of lions. And angels delivered Peter from prison twice. I also read that angels are men. Strong like Jesus and her Daddy! And Jesus is with her always of course! "The Lord is with you wherever you go." Praying for her! Just wanted to share since she was on my heart! 

Y'all! I couldn't control the emotions. God was reaffirming the short few minutes I had in the car with my babies telling them they were protected by God's angels.

This is no coincidence. Only God.

Are you struggling with fear today?

Oh, friend. Know that you are protected. Know that He has an army of angels surrounding His precious son or daughter.

Maybe your children need to be reassured by this?

I'm praying right now that anyone who reads this post will have that same light turned on. That you will not just know, but believe. 

Picture those angels around you right now.

It's almost too much to take in, His love for us.




No comments: