Us

Us

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Friends, Family, and the Flu.....

What a memorable Christmas this has been.

Sick the week before Christmas. Not just sick, but flu sick. Gross.

Just when I start feeling better, Lem gets a stomach bug on Christmas Eve. Double gross.

As I look back, fully healthy now, I see a small purpose in it all.

I see how God used that time to slow me down. To hear His voice. To have compassion for the sick. (Like, big time.)

He saw me going 500 million miles per hour and He wanted to slow me down a bit. Show me some of His goodness.

He showed me a husband who is loving.

Children who are healthy.

Friends who bring chicken soup and butternut squash soup. And lots of love.

Sisters  who arrange for my kids to be picked up from my house and be swept away for a fun day so that I could lay here and be miserable on my own. Truly she worked a miracle. Still not sure how she arranged all that, but she did.

Momma's who go to their granddaughters school Christmas party because her baby girl was crying and sick in the bed. I will never be able to thank my Momma enough for this act of sweetness. It was so hard for me to NOT be at her Christmas party on the last day of school. SO HARD.

However, I have such peace because my precious Momma was able to fill in that gap for me. Oh, and Presley enjoyed every second with her. Perhaps, even preferred her Maw Maw to be there. I am so okay with that. :)

I was also able to spend some one on one time with my Joseph. He was sick as well, not with the flu, thank goodness. We watched movies, talked, laughed, and laughed some more. All in between our moanings and groanings.

I'm so grateful for good health. Lord knows I have a new perspective on a healthy body after the last few weeks.

I'm so grateful for my friends and family.

I'm so grateful that although our Christmas was a little different this year, it was all about Christ. His Love, His Mercy, His Grace. That was the focus this year. More than any other year before.

I have a new appreciation for things.

For that, the flu was worth it.

getting that flu shot next year,

jill




No comments: