Us

Us

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thisther, Thisther.....

~Hers and Mine...Christmas 2008~

~5th grade school picture??~
~My senior prom...she was there to see me off...of course!~
~Ang, Mom, Me..Atlantis 2007~
~My wedding Day...1998~
~Amberlee and Jordan back in the day...~
~Ang and Me 2006~
~Cheering on her oldest son, Jordan, at a Titans game...2008~
~Ang, and Mom~
~March 27, 2009...Ang's b-day celebration~
~Giving me some sweet words before I walk down the aisle~
~Ang and Presley~
~Ang and Me 2006~
~the fabulous four~

~Ang and Presley...teaching Presley to not be afraid of the water...June 2008~


Happy Birthday, Angie!!!!


My sister is my best friend. I have never known life without her, and hopefully never, ever will.

Growing up she was nicknamed, "Thisther", by me. Apparently, I couldn't pronounce my "A's", for Angie, nor my "S's" for sister. Hence, the name "Thisther" was coined for my sister by my 2 year old self.

Mom and Dad tell the story of her speaking for me. They say that I would mumble and babble (perhaps that hasn't changed much), and Angie would have to interpret my dialogue. I would say something like this: "Memulluofoieudo", and Angie would expertly interpret this to my parents as "She wants her animal crackers and juice". I would then gleefully smile and clap because she had understood my needs.

Poor Angie, she had to grow up fast when I was born. She probably had a hard time tolerating my needy ways. I clung to her like adhesive. My little world was perfect when she was around. I really had no need for anyone else because she was my everything. My defender, my interpreter, my playmate, my teacher, my sister. The funny thing is, she still is all of those things to me.

One of the funniest stories that she loves to tell about our childhood is when we would eat dinner together at our table. Inevitably, I would always need to get up and go use the restroom. Well, for some reason, Angie had "wiping" duty. I remember all too well, sitting on that little potty, and screaming at the top of my lungs, "THISTHER, I'm fru, I'm fru!" Which meant, yep, you got it...she had to come and wipe me. I remember she would hold her nose with disgust as she diligently fulfilled her "wiping" task. I looked at her with my little admiring eyes, and just smiled. Looking back, she probably didn't like me smiling at her at such a time.

My memories and stories could fill a thousand books. We have shared some of the best moments of my life. Unforgettable moments.

Our children are the best of friends. Nothing could be sweeter than this. I love her children like my very own, and she mine.

She is the first person that I call about anything. (assuming my Mom wasn't available). ;) They are my two people who always get the "first" phone calls regarding....anything.

She and I could not be more opposite in personality. I secretly envy her humor, candor, friendliness, and magnetism with people. Everyone loves her, and I do mean everyone. She just has that quality that draws you in, and your are there to stay. She is just so much fun. I am a complete and utter bore without her. I often think, "What would Angie do in this situation to make it fun?" Alas, I never come up with anything. Nobody will make your side split from laughter like her. I have a hard time wearing anything but waterproof mascara around her. She makes me laugh uncontrollably. In fact, I am blaming her for my laugh lines. She single handedly caused 95 percent of them.

I love you, Angie! You know how much you mean to me. I apologize profusely for my countless and often pointless phone calls to you. You just bring so much life and fun into my little existence. Just hearing your voice makes me happy.

forever in your shadow, and happy to be there,

me

No comments: