Us

Us

Monday, March 30, 2009

A Wish Fulfilled....

Joseph was baptized this past Sunday at Eastridge Community Church. We have some really great pictures from that day. It was a day that we will never, ever forget. Joseph had been waiting for this day since November.

Our family and dear friends were there to witness this precious site. It just made it all the more surreal to be surrounded by our nearest and dearest. Joseph was awe struck at the people that came to support him on this day. He kept saying, "Mommy, is everyone here just to see me?" I said, "YES! This is a huge deal and they love you so much that they wanted to see you and celebrate this glorious day with you. "

I was pleasantly surprised that Joseph was not one iota nervous. I kept asking him if he was okay, if he had any questions about being dunked in the water, any questions about what the preacher would say, if he was nervous about the water being cold, if he understood he had to hold his nose?I asked all of those over-protective, motherly questions, and he just kept reassuring me that he was A-OK.

Before everyone lefe, were able to get a big group picture of all that were able to attend. I am so glad that he will have a snapshot of that day and all who could share it with him.

We are beaming with pride, love, and joy because of our son and his decision to follow Jesus Christ.

Joseph, we encourage you to follow His path for you and you will never be led astray. "Be joyful always pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " 1Thessalonians 5:16-18

Our pictures are posted on our Shutterfly website. You can click on the link above in the top post to take you there. I am not sure if this one below will take you straight to the album without signing in first. I am still working out all the kinks with this new website. If you are not a member of my Shutterfly site and want to become one, you can once you go to the site. They will send me an email confirming you as a member.
www.thehillfamily1998.shutterfly.com


It has become too tedious for me to post pictures on my blog and on our Shutterfly account. So, I have included a link to our Shutterfly website. It just makes it easier for ordering, enhancing, cropping, etc., to have them all in one place.

Blogging has become something of an afterthought lately. I have been so overwhelmed with daily life...housework, school work, carpooling, soccer games (for 2 kids)...it is just getting harder and harder to find the time. It helps to have this new Shutterfly website, because I can just "write" on here, and then send you to the link to our pictures pertaining to a certain post.

I am very tired, my eyes feel like they are crossing, on that note, good night...


hitting the sack,

Jill

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Jill... I loved the pictures and wish with all my heart we could have been there to share this special day with Joseph and y'all!!! I am so proud of him for making up his mind to do this all by himself and for being so brave about it!!!

XOXO
Tracey

Rebekah said...

Hey Jill!!

Congratulations to you and Lem and your family. Little Joseph! Wow!

I think I left a comment on your website, but just to echo that sentiment here, my heart swells along with my chest thinking of Joseph and his tender heart.

I love you!!!

Bek