Us

Us

Monday, December 1, 2014

You are Ten....

a sweet cake for a sweet girl!

admiring your yummy cake!

a morning walk this Summer with you on St. Simon's Island

blowing out TEN candles as family looks on!

celebrating at Mama Jane's with pizza and strawberry cake!

Your birthday morning---you are TEN!

checked you out early on your birthday!
 we were sitting in line at carpool waiting to get Joseph!

my baby girl with curlers in your hair
the night before you turned 10!!


Dear Presley Jane,

As I type, you, Daddy, and Joseph are out having dinner with Maw Maw and Paw Paw. I am devastated to not be there. As you know, I woke up sick this morning. It started yesterday. You prayed last night with tears in your eyes that I would not be sick today--on your big birthday.

I would give anything to be cooking your favorite meal, spaghetti, tonight. However, you know I will make it up to you as soon as mommy is better.

I just wanted to take a minute and tell you how much you mean to me.

You are the sunshine in my days.

You were born on a cold December day, but you are absolute WARM SUNSHINE.

The little things that you do, that make you so perfectly you, make me melt.

Your toes are my favorite. I have been obsessed with them since you were born.

Your dimple on the top of your left cheek. It is the most precious little feature I have ever seen.

My favorite thing to do with you is snuggle in my bed. We love watching movies together while the boys are in the den watching sports. You are forever my girl.

Sometimes, as a mommy, I feel guilty that I am not doing enough. I guess all mommy's feel this way sometimes. I constantly question myself and wonder if you know how much I love you.

Do I spend enough time with you? Am I too strict? Too lenient?

I am constantly trying to make sure I am a good momma to you.

You will probably have these same thoughts when you are a momma. You can read this letter again, and rest assure that you are not alone.

Your daughter or son will adore you. It's not about doing everything right, or being perfect, it's just about being there. A smile. A hug. A kiss. Encouragement.

As a mommy, there are many distractions that are tempting to lure us away from our kids and our families. I can only imagine that by the time you are a mommy, it will even be much harder.

Presley, don't let the world pull you away from the ones you love. It will try. Really hard.

Pray to the Lord and ask Him to help you keep your life in proper order. God first. Your husband and your kids next. Nothing is more important than the time you are given to spend with your family.

Sometimes I wish I could just keep all of you in this house, and never let you go. I want to soak up every single ounce of you. I don't want to miss a moment with you.

Daily, I pray that God will give me the strength to watch you and Joseph grow up. I know He will.

However, even when you are grown, I will still have a very  important role. Your mother. This job never ends. It's in full-demand at all times.

I need my mother just as much today as I did when I was your age. Just in different ways.

God created mothers to care, nurture, support, encourage, cheer on, listen, and talk to. This goes on your whole life! How happy this makes me!!

Presley, I will make mistakes. I have made many already. However, I know that that's not what you will remember. You will remember the times when I wasn't trying. When I was just being your mother. Loving you.

I am still in absolute AWE by the fact that the Lord gave you to us to raise.

He must have thought we were the perfect family for you. How BLESSED we are!!!

I love you, Presley Jane Hill.

Happy 10th birthday, our angel.


love,

mommy






No comments: