Us

Us

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Walking, Talking, and Drinking.....

I just took a walk. It was after dinner, and my soul was craving time with the Lord. Outside, walking, in the beauty of His creation.

My head was spinning, I needed to hear His Voice.

We walked together, He and I. I talked, I shared my heart, I thanked Him for all that I saw. From the birds nest hanging delicately from the pine tree, to the tip top of a tree that had broken off and was just pointing heaven-ward.

I noticed the neighbors dog walking in front of me. Gleeful and playful was she. Not a care in the world. Blissfully unaware of danger or worries, or anything really.

I was jealous for a moment. Lord, why did you make us humans with this brain and all of the complexities? Why do we have the capacity to worry and to be shaky in our Trust and Faith?

No answer. Just birds chirping.

I kept talking, sharing my heart and claiming my stake at the Cross. The stake that He gave me when He died for me.

"I will walk forward, Lord. I will lead women to You through Your Word. I will not look to the right or to the left, but straightforward. I will walk strong, arms by my side, not walking too fast or too slow. Just straight forward. I will lead women to Your Word. You have called me, and I will answer the call. I will not shrink back when I see the snake in the grass {the enemy} hissing at me to stop in my tracks. Telling me lies, and telling me danger lies ahead. I will not listen to him when he tells me to be safe, stay where you are. I will keep walking. In fact, I will step on his head and wipe him from my shoe. I will keep walking, strong arms, strong legs, strong heart beating for You. Beating for You."

I said these words to Him. I vowed these words to my Lord. He spoke these words through me to be spoken aloud to Him.

I then turned my face upwards to the heavens and felt the lightest rain falling on my face. It sprinkled my skin and even tingled.

"Drink of me, daughter. Drink of my Goodness. Take as much as you want, it's always there. Feel Me on your skin. Drink of my Love."

My eyes burned with tears, a lump formed in the deepest part of my throat, and I surrendered to Him.

I will drink, Lord.

I thought of the manna that He sent the Israelites. While they complained daily, He still fed them, nourished them. Dare they complain that it wasn't enough?

Dare I complain that He's not enough?

I surrendered the steering wheel that I never had control of. I pictured myself a child in the back seat of a car with a fake steering wheel. Actually believing that I was driving the car.

It's false. I never was driving the car. He has been all along.

The Blessed Controller of the Universe.

I'm safe.

He created me for His Purposes. I will live in His calling and His purposes for me. I will not shrink back in fear of what is to come, but I will walk tall, leading, eyes straight forward. My armor is impenetrable. His armor protects me.

Perfect love drives out fear. Fear is the opposite of faith.

I look around and see the Glory of my surroundings. Getting a glimpse of what the dog sees. Just pure bliss. Bliss.

I turn the corner to walk up the drive-way up to the house. I see something out of my peripheral.

It's beckoning my attention.

I turn to the left, and see a yellow flower, all alone, standing tall in the ground.

Surrounded by nothing, but grass and weeds, this yellow flower.

Yellow, my favorite color.

Standing tall, among the weeds of the world. Vibrant. Brilliant. Glorious.

I took my gift. My gift from Him.

And thanked Him.




No comments: