Us

Us

Friday, May 31, 2013

Claustrophobia Vs. Courage.....

Marked one off the old Summer Bucket List yesterday!

Last year's bucket--note to self--get new bucket this week.
you get the visual.

We went to Chattanooga for the day yesterday! We have not been in about 3 or 4 years. Presley was in a stroller the last time we went, so it has been a while.

It's always been one of my most favorite trips! It never gets old. Ever.

Here are some memories from our trip.


First Stop: Incline Railway at Lookout Mountain
YES, this is steep! One mile up the mountain! Deep breaths...
we made it safely!

Maw Maw is the reason this whole trip was made possible. :)
thank YOU!!!

yes, we are THOSE people


my favorite tree! a Canadian hemlock

some nice folks offered to take our picture. Rock city ROCKS!

STRONG kids holding up a big rock!
Last but not least--Ruby Falls.

Okay, I would be a little remiss if I didn't tell you this: I did not go through Ruby Falls with everyone. Nope. Couldn't do it.

Let me explain...I have this little thing about tight spaces. No entrance, no exit, dark, and many people. And caves.

I am pretty sure the diagnosis is claustrophobia. Yep, that one.

We all took the long elevator down into the ground of Ruby Falls. I was prepared and prayed up to go through with it. We exited the elevator, and suddenly my chest felt like an elephant was pouncing on it. For real.

I stayed for a few minutes, and quickly told my family that I had to get out of there. Now.

The tour guide was super sweet and quickly led me back to the elevator. She told me as we rode back up to light, air, and wide spaces....that it happens a lot. They call it the "short tour".

Reassuring. Or at least she tried to be.

So, I was a member of the "short tour group". Probably even the President.

The advantage? We received a refund for my ticket. Yay.

The last thing I remember when I was running back to the elevator to find air, light, and wide spaces was Joseph saying, "Summer of Courage, Mom! Remember!! You can do this!"

Oops.

I said back to him: "Claustrophobia overrides Courage. Every.single.time."

Yeah, that's it.

What's on your Summer Fun Bucket List?


no more caves, darkness, or underground trips for a while,


jill








No comments: