Us

Us

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I'm an Addict....

I have a confession:

I am addicted to God's Word. I am. It's true.

Since giving up coffee, which I treasured like an addict would treasure their chosen drug of choice, I have been finding replacements for that addiction.

I think I've hit the jackpot.

Afternoon carpool was my favorite time to sip on this drug. It made me happy. It just did.

However, since detoxing from my happy drug, I have a new carpool routine.

I turn on my youversion bible app on my phone. This superior sounding British-y guy reads me the Bible in His perfectly polished accent.

I let the words wash over me like a spring rain. It's the most exhilarating thing that I've ever done. Truly, it is.

Something about God's word being spoken over you....there are no words to describe.

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ." Romans 10:17

We are reading Numbers right now in the Bible. It's fascinating. Moses had some stellar faith. He heard from God. A lot.

I found myself questioning why the Lord did not speak to us audibly? Why did He choose to deposit within us the Holy Spirit instead of showing up in a burning bush and talking? Hmm?

After the thoughts left my heart, the answer rang in my ears.

He speaks every day. Every minute. Every second.

Not only that, but we can hear Him as much {or as little} as we want to.

How?

When we read HIS Word. 

Hello.

goodbye caffeine--hello TRUTH,


jill


No comments: