Us

Us

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Give it away....

I met a lady while our church fed a local homeless shelter. She is precious. She has 8 children. All boys.

She told me bits and pieces of her story, which were laced with Joy, Hope, and Faith.

I told Lem that I would be curled up in a ball on the floor sucking my thumb if I had been through what she has been through.

Long story short, she is now my friend. My SHINE friends donated over 100 bottles of laundry detergent to her shelter after she expressed that her children's clothes often could not be washed. (heart breaking.)

A couple of friends and I took the detergent to the shelter and we got to speak to my new friend again.

I left the shelter and the song, "Give this Christmas Away" by Matthew West came on.

My eyes spilled over with tears and i could feel my heart melting. I felt the Lord tell me to help my new friend this Christmas. Not just me, but to ask my friends to help her as well.

I envisioned my cozy, wonderful Christmas and Christmas eve with my family. Then, I envisioned her and her boys at that shelter on Christmas day.

On Thursday, I sent an email to some friends asking for small donations to help my friend this Christmas. I prayed all day that God would just rain in the blessings on her family.

It's Sunday, and already, the donations have been pouring in. I am literally in awe. I had NO idea that God had THIS kind of outpouring in mind.

There's more to this story, but I cannot share at this time. I will just say that truly the Lord loves my new friend. He loves her ABUNDANTLY.

If you are reading my blog, and you would like to Give some of Your Christmas Away, contact me. If you feel led to donate even a few dollars to my new friend, it would be much appreciated. My email is lemandjill@gmail.com

I asked my new friend what she wanted for Christmas. She told me all that she ever wanted was a picture of she and her boys to frame for their OWN place one day. She said she wanted them to see how they ALWAYS were together. No matter what.

A friend of mine, whom I JUST met last Tuesday, has offered to take their pictures for this family.

What!!?? Really, God?? This SAME friend has a clothing donation center and said this family could come and get whatever they needed.

I am still in SHOCK at God's timing and His people working hand in hand to help others. He sends just the right people at just the right time.

My heart is so changed and so raw. My eyes have been peeled open in a whole new way this year.

I never want to be blind again. I never want to "not see" again.

Will you take this challenge with me? The challenge to give this Christmas away?

You will be so glad you did. YOU will be the one blessed. Guaranteed.

eyes wide open,

jill

What if I told you?

You have the power
To give someone hope
Far beyond their wildest dreams

What if I told you it's right there in your hands?
In your hands

It's hard to imagine
How something so small
Can make all the difference
Tear down the tallest wall

What if December looked different this year?
What if we all just

Give this Christmas away
If there's love in your heart
Don't let it stay there
Give this Christmas away
And your life will be changed
By the gift you receive
When you give this Christmas away

It's feeding the hungry
It's serving the poor
It's telling the orphan
You're not forgotten anymore

It's doing what love does
Even when no one's watching you

Give this Christmas away
If there's love in your heart
Don't let it stay there
Give this Christmas away
And your life will be changed
By the gift you receive
When you give this Christmas away

For God so loved the world, He gave His only son
So we could be His hands, His feet, His love
His love



No comments: