Us

Us

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Wild, Wild West...

Well, the Hill's just returned from a fabulous Fall break trip to....YELLOWSTONE!! Let me just say...if you have not been to this part of the country....you really need to GO. The skies were so clear and denim blue. The air was crisp like freshly pressed linen. My children ooohed and ahhhhed the whole entire trip. We saw wild animals walking on the side of the road. If we wanted to we could have easily slipped our hand out the window and petted these beautiful creatures. God's handiwork is scripted all over the state of Wyoming.

Let me start from the beginning. We flew into Jackson Hole last Wednesday morning. This was Presley Jane's first airplane ride. Do you think she was nervous? Presley? Have you met her? She didn't bat one pretty eyelash. She walked onto that plane looking like she could have flown it if she had so desired. She confidently walked to her seat, sat down, and just like an old pro she casually buckled her seat belt. The next thing she said was.."Okay, I am ready. What's taking this thing so long to get up in the air?" Oh, I love this girl. She has every bit of the grit and determination that I so lack.

We finally took off on the first leg of our trip. Three hours later we landed in Salt Lake City, Utah for a layover. After a quick bite to eat at the airport we loaded on a smaller plane to fly us into the mountainous land of Jackson Hole. If you have ever been to the JH airport  you know that you don't have the luxury of walking through a covered hallway off of the plane. Nope. You walk straight off of the plane, just like you see in movies. We walked down a steep flight of steps onto the ground. It was actually pretty cool. I felt like we had just chartered our very own private jet. Presley and Joseph both thought this was very, very neat.

As soon as we stepped onto the ground, I said my usual..."Thank you Lord for getting us here safely. You know how i hate to fly and you made the whole affair uneventful. Thank YOU!"

I looked around me after stepping off the plane, inhaled the crisp, cool, mountain air and smiled. I could get used to this. Lem must have read my mind, because he looked at me and said..."We are not going to want to go back home." I smiled, knowing full well that he was right. We both love to dream about what it would be like moving somewhere like this...surrounded by God's beauty at every corner. Every sunset being worthy of a Kodak moment.

After picking up our rental car, we headed out to see this picturesque town. Picture after picture we snapped. In about one hour's time we saw buffalo, antelope, and moose. We were all mesmerized by these creatures just walking about unfazed by our cars. Unbelievable.

 ~We made it!~

 ~Our airplane into Jackson Hole~
 ~Oh yeah..we met Dominique Wilkins (ex Hawks star) at the airport on the way out. Lem recognized him right away and shook his hand. Such a nice guy. ~
 ~Getting ready for take-off~
~Lem and Joseph sat right behind us...looking dapper as usual. :-)

More to come...stay tuned.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I was born in Montana and though we moved South when I was just 3, I still remember that big, blue Montana sky. I hope to get back there one day.
Love ya tons and tons.

Danielle said...

You know I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures....this is my favorite place! Such a magical place!