Us

Us

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I confess....

Somewhere along the way, I have eased up on my prayer life.

Not sure when it began, but it happened.

Probably busyness. It will suck the living daylights out of a good prayer life.

When we are not intentional about things, we begin to form bad habits. Hence, my prayer life.

I have still been reading God's Word, studying His Word, and all that fun stuff. However, somewhere along the line, an unceasing prayer life, has slipped off the radar.

I have been praying.

But, not unceasingly. "...pray without ceasing" 1 Thessalonians 5:17

I committed this week to get back on the prayer horse and stay there.

If I look back on my life, the times when my head was face down to the ground, is when I saw the Lord working the most. Not that He wasn't working if I wasn't praying, but He really showed me Himself when I was face to the ground.

What about you?

Feeling disconnected?

Plug back into prayer.

I dare you.

Hold me accountable and  I will do the same for you.

back to praying,

jill

1 comment:

Jamie Miles said...

Thank goodness we are back in our house. When we lived in the little space out back my daily time to read and study suffered. There was just no way to do it -- by getting up early -- without waking everyone else up. And I just didn't want to go sit in the bathroom (the only place I could have had the light on with everyone else asleep.) Here's to more praying and quality alone time with God.