Us

Us

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Weathering the storms....


These last few weeks have been such a roller coaster of emotions for my family. My first cousin Hal has been diagnosed with melanoma. He has a large spot on his temple and had it removed last week. We will find out the results today to see if the cancer is in his lymph nodes. He is 36. Hal has the most beautiful family consisting of his wife, Kim, and his 3 precious little boys.


Please lift him up in prayer. We are all anxiously awaiting news from his doctor.


A very close friend of mine, Michelle, has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is also young, and one of the most spiritual women that I have the pleasure of knowing. She co-leads our Tuesday night bible study at Eastridge. She will undergo a lumpectomy the Monday after Easter. She has asked that we pray for wisdom, guidance and peace as she begins this process. I have full faith that God is using her for His glory, and that she will minister to many people as she fearlessly takes the path God has planned for her.


There are many, many more men and women going through heartache, sickness, and need. My heart literally breaks for those in such despair. My God is a mighty God, and I know that everything is in His control and in His power. My flesh wants to fall apart with worry, but my spirit knows better. The moans of my spirit are heard by my Father, and he comforts me like nothing else can. I will rest in the shadow of His wings, and know that He will deliver me through.


The world around me is different than it was even just 3 years ago. It is beginning to look foreign to me. Even as I write this, I am reminded of scripture that tells us that we are aliens in a foreign land. We were not created to be "comfortable" here on earth. Our hearts and minds should be set on our eternity with our Father. This is getting easier and easier for me as I see the changes in this world politically and spiritually. We shouldn't be surprised, though. It is all laid out in scripture, the Bible foretells what the world will become. Devastating, but our hope is in Him, not the world.


I am so thankful for every single blessing that God gives me. He meets my every need, and His word is faithful and true.


resting in the shadow of His wings~


Jill


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Things look foreign to me too. And as you said so eloquently, this fact forces me to rest in Him...He is peace. Love ya girl.