Us

Us

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Some friends....

Feeling extra thankful and blessed today.

Here's why:

I had the BEST conversation with my Mama yesterday...the BEST. I love that lady. NOBODY but Jesus Himself loves me like she does. I'm convinced.

And....I have the BEST friends. They come in different shapes, sizes and packages, and ALL perfectly beautiful.

Some have known me since childhood.
Some have known me since high school.
Some have known me since college.
Some have known me since being married to my Lem.
Some have known me since having my kids.
Some know me because we live in the same 'hood.
Some know me because we attend the same church.

I learn from them every single day.

Some teach me.
Some mentor me.
Some cheer for me.
Some cry with me.
Some ugly cry with me.
Some laugh with me.
Some belly laugh with me.
Some push me.
Some show up.
Some text me.
Some call me.
Some email me.
Some facebook me.
Some show up at my door.
Some send me cards in the mail.
Some bring lunch to my house.
Some meet me for lunch.
Some have picnics with me for lunch.
Some have play dates with me.
Some go on vacation with me.
Some meet me for coffee after carpool.

They ALL are a part of my life. Every last one of them. 

I am blessed beyond measure with a group of friends who somehow can see past my (enormous) flaws and love me anyway.

Some run with me. 



"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin


No comments: