Us

Us

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Invisible Me....


~He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.~ Psalm 91:1


What a simple verse. Yet, not such a simple thing to do. I am such a slow learner and God knows this about me. I want to do things my way and then get upset when I am disappointed with the outcome.

If I would have just followed Him all along, I would already be on the next path.

So, how does it look to dwell in the shelter of the Most High and rest in His shadow?

Well, going on my second day of knocked-off-my-feet sick, I am getting this a little more each day. I have completely worn myself out with trying to think that I can do everything and be everything to everybody.

 Who do I think I am? Only God can do that. Why do I even think that I am capable of being some super woman wearing a red cape and saving lives along the way?

It's nauseating. Seriously. I'm tired...which is exactly where God wants me to be. He has been waiting on me to get tired and to surrender.

I keep hearing the word, "Invisible".

"Come away with me, Jill. Rest, and dwell with me. I will shelter you. Come and be invisible in my shelter for a while."

Invisible? But, who will notice me, Father? Who will affirm me and tell me things I desperately want to hear? Who will stroke my insecure soul and exhort me by their beautiful words if I am invisible?

"I will.Your Father in Heaven. I am enough for you, Jill."

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back from captivity." Jeremiah 29:13-14

How can I seek Him with all my heart if I am distracted and busy? Even busy doing "good" things will distract me from Him. Busy is my captivity. Busy is my way of staying "visible"...to be noticed. To be affirmed. To be what others expect me to be. To be what I want others to see in me.

Invisible. Only visible to the Father, dwelling in His shelter, resting in His shadow.

If I never get another pat on the back or affirmative word from a friend, I want to be okay with that.

Because He is enough for me.

His view of me is all that really matters.


lounging in His shelter,

jill

1 comment:

Lisa said...

you just described me...the "who will notice me if i just dwell in Him", me.

thankful and love your honesty.

L.