~MJ, Presley and baby Ashley~
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
~MJ, Presley and baby Ashley~
Monday, July 28, 2008
~Daddy and his princess~
~Jason, Andrea, Graham, and Ashley~
~Graham was way tooooo cool for the beach!~
~William and Joseph breaking it down!~ ~ This was the cramped conditions my poor children were in coming down in Lem's truck!~
~The youngest beach bums, Danny and Ashley!!~
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
- scavenger hunt~make a list of things that you find outside and give each child a paper bag with their names on them. Take them outside and give them 20 minutes to find each item on the list. The first one finished wins! Of course, it helps if one child can read the list. If they cannot read, you can call the items out to them while they are outside looking. Simple game, but hey, it passes time!
- play dough~ my kids LOVE that sticky gooey stuff, and it makes for atleast 30 minutes of playtime! another bonus....IT'S CHEAP! two thumbs up!
- outdoor picnics~this is probably my favorite and the kids favorite as well. we just take a big blanket or towel, pack some lunches up and sit in the driveway. granted, it is usually pretty hot, but we usually find a shady spot to land and it works perfectly.
- jump rope~ good fun and good exercise!!! yay!
- wash mommy's car~ all kids love to help wash cars, and it is a good way to get cooled off and get a suntan as well!
- trip to the library~ gets you out of the house and is educational!!
- older siblings reading to the younger sibling~ just yesterday, joseph read books to presley and was trying to teach her how to read. it was THE MOST precious thing that i have seen them do!! joseph was so patient with her, and she was hanging on his every word. i was so touched, that i video taped it and took pictures from their bathroom so they could not see me. i didn't want to interrupt the sweeteness of that moment.
okay, well that's all i have for now, if anyone has anything to add please feel free! this mommy is always looking for ways to keep the kids away from the t.v and video games that constantly lure their little brains to play them!! of course, when you need a long, peaceful shower, t.v or a good movie for the kids while do the trick, atleast for a few minutes!
Monday, July 21, 2008
~Ahhhhhh, alas a family picture...while Presley has her eyes closed...go figure.~
~Darren and Lem chillin in the sun~
~Joseph lost his second top tooth!! ~
~I love this picture of my boys!! ~
~Me and my sweet girl! ~
Darren is Lem's best friend, since like the age of three. They may as well be brothers, because they certainly act like brothers! They punch each other, tease each other, and all the things that boys do when they are together. It was a lot of fun to watch!
A big highlight of our trip was meeting another family at the beach, John and Laurie and their children, Sam and Lily. And lo and behold they live in Alpharetta, Ga.!!! They are such a sweet family, and our kids all got along so well together!! We hope to keep in touch with them, and maybe reunite at the beach again next year!! Laurie, I soon discovered, is a fellow blogger, which ofcourse delighted Tracey and myself! After learning that, we knew we had found a kindred spirit!! :)
Another highlight was Joseph loosing his tooth! He FINALLY lost his other top tooth! He looks so adorable! He was super excited that the tooth fairy was able to find him at the beach!! What a lucky kid!!
Tracey made her famous salsa twice on the trip, and we scarved it down like wild animals! I will post her recipe for all to see, because it is out of this world DELICIOUS!! Did i mention that Tracey is a wonderful cook?? She really needs her own show, she is THAT good!
Well, i could go on for days about this trip, but i guess i will end it here. I have ten tons of laundry beckoning me from the dirty clothes hamper.** **long sigh........violins, please****
Love to all!!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
~The birthday kids with their build a bears!~
Happy Birthday to Granny, Anna-Joy, Cali Rose, and Alice!!!!!!!!!
This has been the wonderful week of birthdays!!!! First of all, Granny Hill's was Tuesday the 8th, my beautiful niece Anna-Joy's was yesterday the 9th, Cali Rose's (my friend Kim's little girl)is today, as well as my friend Alice's birthday!! Happy Birthday to all of you!!! Four very, very, very special people!!
Anna-Joy celebrated her b-day at Build a Bear at the mall of georgia! The children made their own bears and then we went to Claire's and had her little ears pierced! She was SUCH a big girl! She had a HUGE smile on her face, and was such a brave girl fighting back tears when they put the earrings in her sweet ears. We all cheered her and were so proud of her!!
I tried to get Presley to have hers done, but she wasn't having any of that. I bribed and begged and even had the other girls try some peer pressure...still didn't work. The girl is strong willed to the core!!! Maybe one day it will end up being a good thing!! :)
As I was busy coercing Presley into some beautiful diamond studs, Joseph was telling me to NOT let her get them pierced. He said it would hurt her too bad...what a protective big brother!!!
After the mall, we went back to Anna-Joy's house and ate pizza and Hannah Montana b-day cake! Yum!
Above are some pics from Anna-Joy's party...all of the girls wore matching Hannah Montana shirts that Anna-Joy had given them in their goody bags...they all looked ADORABLE!!!!
Here is the video of us singing Happy Birthday! We love you Granny!!!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Kim's Pimento Cheese
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese (i use sharp and the thicker shreds)
Mayonnaise to your liking
1 jar of pimentos
a shake or two of worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to your liking
1/4 finely chopped onion (optional)
1 small finely chopped jalepeno (optional)
Pour chese into bowl, add mayo, salt/pepper-stir, then add in jar of pimentos (do not drain) and stir then add onion and jalapeno, stir.....store overnight for better flavor.
These sandwiches taste the best on white wheat bread......YUM! Enjoy!!